This case study is about Carlisle Leisure which has facilities in Keswick, Cockermouth, Maryport, Carlisle and Workington. Its facilities include swimming pools, leisure centres, gymnasiums, athletics facilities, tennis clubs, field sports and golf courses.
Environmental actions undertaken by the leisure company resulted in annual savings of over £65,200 and include:
• improved building and energy management;
• monitoring programmes implemented;
• new energy efficient boilers installed;
• timers on vendors;
• energy efficient lighting; and
• water saving devices fitted to showers and toilets.